Thursday, February 12, 2009

Nice Wheels

This week I customized a couple of tractors with new wheels that I had laying around for other projects. The first one is a John Deere 7020. This is the lesser detailed version of the model that ertl produced. I know of 4 versions so far: 1. 2003 National Farm Toy Show edition, 2.7020 withy disk (With fenders), 3. 7020 in 4wd tractor set (Has cab glass and window trim), 4. This one which is sold on its own with no fenders and no cab glass.

The wheels I used for this one came off of a 9630. I drilled holes in the wheels and used brass for the axles. I then superglued the wheels on and painted the bare metal ends.



The second tractor is a STXS 535 50th anniversary of Steiger edition. You can see my review of it here -->http://http//zacstractors.blogspot.com/2007/11/new-model-release-steiger-stx-535.html I took the wheels from 2 STX 335s and put them on this tractor. It required t hat I cut the axle housings on the tractor down about 1/2 of an inch so that the wheels fit under the fenders, so it isn't a basic swap. I really like how the bigger wheels and tires look on this and the TJ530 so it well worth the effort.

No comments:

Number of people who have visited Zac's Tractors