Wednesday, February 4, 2009

New Model Release John Deere 8440

Somehow I took these photos and forgot to do review of the tractor. Overall this is a nice unit with clear cab glass and big dual wheels. This is the 3rd variation Ertl has done from this casting. The last one was an 8630 and it had some strange wheels on it, so the new one with the big duals is a welcome addition.

This tractor is significant to me because it is similar, although not exact to the 8850 that Ertl produced in the 80s. That was the first "big" 4wd that I owned, so it has always been my favorite tractor. I don't know if Ertl will make another 8850, but this is a nice reminder of an Ertl Classic.

I have also included a picture I took of an 8440 toy in the snow, and a real one on the lot so you can see how good the detail is compared to the real unit.









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great detail...the only thing I can spot is that it's missing the lamps on the top of the cab. Otherwise and awesome tractor.

zac said...

In general the cab on this tractor has very litte detail and has a plastic finish that has not been painted. It doesnt fit with the rest of the tractor or the current level of detail that ertl is producing on most of its new models.

Number of people who have visited Zac's Tractors