Sunday, November 11, 2007

Pedal Tractors: Old and New



Pedal Tractors are not a big part of my collection. As a matter of Fact I only have 1. But the one I do have has sentimental value because it was a chiristmas present and I pedaled that thing down country roads, in a parade, and even in a mini-tractor pull at the mall. Its not that I don’t like pedal tractors, but their sheer size prevents me from having a collection at all.

This fall Scale Models is producing a Pedal that has me really excited, enough to break my ban on buying all Scale Models products. The John Deere 9870 is the first mass produced pedal combine that I’m aware of. It features all metal construction, and a level of finish that is not usually seen from Scale Models. The combine will have a moving auger, a 6-row corn head, and rear steering.

I don’t think I’m the only one excited about the combine considering the traffic that I saw as the representative discussed the model with prospective customers at the National Farm toy show. The only thing to complain about on the tractor is its relative awkward seating arrangement. Although I’m about 20 years past my last pedal ride, I can imagine my son some day struggling to keep his balance on this tractor. Nevertheless I will probably buy this pedal and double the size of my collection.

Release date: The Scale Models representative told me that they were still producing the corn head, and she anticipated a thanksgiving-ish delivery date. Online dealers are predicting a Christmas delivery. I’m guessing the online dealers are probably more accurate.

Stock #: ZSM1042

Price: $209.99 from http://www.bossenimp.com/
$219.99 from http://www.outbacktoystore.com/
$224.99 Pre sale item on http://www.ebay.com/

No comments:

Number of people who have visited Zac's Tractors