Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Back From Dyersville


When people think of exciting vacations they often describe skiing in Colorado, climbing Mt. Everest, or going on a safari in Africa. My dream vacation involves a small town in rural Iowa where the cows outnumber the residents and a festival dedicated to children’s toys is the biggest event of the year. The National Farm Toy show is the Superbowl of the farm toy world, and Dyersville, Iowa is the Mecca of farm toy collectors. This year after 6 years of trying to make it I finally got the chance to visit Dyersville in all it’s splendor.

In the following days I will put op a series of posts containing pictures, articles, and impressions I took away from the show. Please come back to see how my visit to toy land went. Also I will include some information about the past show tractors that was included when you purchased them at the show that may be a helpful guide to value when looking at previous show models.

Pictured above is the 2007 National Farm Toy show tractor, the CASE 2470. The 2470 is the 5th in a series of historic 4wd tractors that the Toy Farmer has produced. In a later post I will describe all of the historic 4wds in detail, since they are a part of my collection that I find especially interesting.

No comments:

Number of people who have visited Zac's Tractors