Saturday, November 10, 2007

Farm Toy Manufacturer Rankings

Farm toys represent a small segment of the overall toy market. Because Ertl occupies so much of that small segment all of the other companies are forced to produce tractors in specific niches that are skipped over for the sake of maximizing profits. This is not a knock against Ertl, as they are a for-profit company, and it’s hard to imagine our hobby existing without Ertl's dominance and persistence in the toy market.

Since I now have you as a captive audience I would like to run down the key players in the farm toy industry and give my opinions on each, and how they compare to each other. My criteria is from the perspective of a 1/64th scale collector of all brands. I gave high marks for variety and quantity of products sold, increasing level of detail, and reasonable prices.

No comments:

Number of people who have visited Zac's Tractors