Sunday, August 9, 2009

Interesting Finds at the Frankenmuth Toy Show

This past saturday was the 23rd annual Frankenmuth farm toy show in Frankenmth, MI. This was the first time I was able to attend the show, and I really enjoyed it. I would say there were around 25-30 dealers with 3-4 big displays.Some antiques for you fans of the 80's include 2 Big Buds from 1987, and a gleaner R50 from the late 80's/early 90's. I have wanted to grab one of the earlier RoGators because they were used extensively around where I lived so I picked up one relatively cheap. The forage harvester set with the Case tractor and dual axle forage wagon is the newest release I picked up. This is an interesting set with one side of the tractor having duals and the other a single tire. The forage harvester is a unique piece because it comes with a hay head. So for 2/3 of the price of the hay head alone I bought the whole harvester. Finally in the lower right you can see the Byron grain cart I found. It is made of styrene and painted Byron Orange. It is fully functional as it lifts and dumps. This was hand made and the builder was present at the show.

Here you can see the side of the Case with singe rear tire and the cart in dump position.

No comments:

Number of people who have visited Zac's Tractors