Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Progress of a Custom – John Deere 7930

This is a new feature I’m adding to my blog where I will take an off the shelf Ertl tractor and show its progress as I customize it and show you how to customize your own. I will try to update it each day, so you can see how long it takes and what exactly I’m doing to the tractor each day.


The first tractor I am customizing is the John Deere 7930 (Pictured above). I really like the detail in the casting from Ertl but you can see from the picture that this model has a few flaws from the factory. The left light on the cab pillar is inexplicably a few millimeters higher than the left, and the cab top has many scratches. I will do my best to get this model to as close to a "authentic" level as possible, and I will show you where to get or make most of the parts.


Check back tomorrow when I post my first step in building a custom.

No comments:

Number of people who have visited Zac's Tractors