Friday, October 15, 2010

The Fred Ertl Private Collection Auction

The other day I was searching on the Toy Farmer website for information about the 2010 National Farm Toy Show and I found a link to an auction for the private collection of toys belonging to Fred Ertl. He was the son of the Ertl that started it all and the CEO of the Ertl company for many years. I assumed everything would be astronomically priced but I managed to find a tractor in my budget and was able to buy a piece of history in my very own Big Bud 525/84 that belonged to Fred Ertl. Even more to my suprise but the tractor had been tagged on the bottom after being displayed at the national Farm Toy Museum and still had the catalog stamp on the bottom. Im interested to see if any of the bigger ticket items make their way to the National Show Auction on November 6th.

Here is the link to the Fred Ertl Auctions: http: //www.gomotorbids.com/Partner.cfm?Partner_ID=57&Partner=Fred-Ertl-Jr-Farm-Toy-Collection&Page=1


No comments:

Number of people who have visited Zac's Tractors