Thursday, February 21, 2008

Gilpin Sulky Plow



Here is an interesting piece I found at a Michigan tractor dealership just before Christmas.

The John Deere corporate website has an interesting article about the plow:
https://www.deere.com/en_US/compinfo/student/gilpinplow.html

Basically this plow was very popular after the civil war, and was named after a “big-wig” at Deere & Co.

As a model this piece is very nice featuring die cast construction, free rolling wheels, and nicely casted details. The tongue of the model has an inscription reading “JOHN DEERE AFTER MARKET 2000, ST. LOUIS 95, ACHIEVING THE VISION”

As far as the plows value goes, it seems to be a limited piece, since I have never run across it at any toy shows including the National. At the dealership I paid $15, but I have seen it sell on eBay for as much as $30.

If anyone has further details on this item I would be interested to her them.

No comments:

Number of people who have visited Zac's Tractors