Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Questions and Comments

It only took a year, but I finally have enough questions and comments to put up a post containing all of this blog’s comments and questions. If you have a question that you think I could help answer, or your having a tough time finding a specific farm toy, or you dislike my posts, please question or comment on this blog.

I'll start with the most recent and work my way through the past so if you find yourself nodding off at least you’ll have seen the most recent posts.


1. You Tractor – I’m sure if your internet savvy enough to have stumbled upon this site with is devoted to toy tractors you have probably heard of http://www.youtube.com/ . To my surprise some other devoted carpet farmer out there has created http://www.youtractor.com/ . A site devoted to 100% tractor videos. Sounds good to me.


2. From anonymous: “Hey i was wondering, does the 3-point hitch move up and down unlike the 2007 show tractor?”



There is actually a yes and no answer to this question. The 3-pt hitch is much smaller than last years model, and the bottom part is fixed into place. The top part can move about 30 degrees up or down. So no the whole thing doesn’t move, but yes the top part does move. For practical purposes if you actually mounted an implement to the tractor it would not move up or down.

3. From anonymous: “i like your blog:) do you make tractors?”:
Although I will answer this question I feel like I should point out this post is most likely a thinly veiled attempt from my wife to make me feel like “somebody is out there.”
So yes I have been known to customize and even custom fabricate tractors. I really enjoy the 1/64th scale, but I have worked on a few 1/16th models. I frequently sell some of the items that I have worked on through eBay on this site. Most of what I customize is for my own personal collection, and what I sell is a duplicate or something that I feel like no longer fits my collection. If you are interested in having me make a tractor for you or customize something let me know. I’m not omni-talented but I’m pretty good at a few things.
This also would be an opportune time to tell the readers that are still awake that I am still going to release a special edition

4. From anonymous: “Where's the 1:87 tractors I'm gonna want? :-)”
Uh, I kinda forgot about this post. Back in April I thought I was going to have an abundance of free time and I would crank out toy tractor posts like crazy, but I got busy and 7 months have passed and whoops I didn’t post this article. Actually the impetus for this article was my trip to Europe and the 1/87th tractors I brought back from there. So I will try to get this article out when I can, but I’m going refrain from more empty promises about writing articles. That being said I plan on writing several articles in December.

No comments:

Number of people who have visited Zac's Tractors